Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Getting On Our Way


September 25, 2015

Now I have finished my training, today marks a new chapter in my life. Leaving my family and friends is one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

Tears of love and temporary physical separation from the ones I love most in life wet my checks as we ate our breakfast, loaded my car, and visited my dear husband on the 2 year anniversary of his death before the trek east began.

Knowing that I will miss watching my grandchildren grow and develop over this 18 months and that I will miss important events in their lives makes me sad but modern technology will allow me to be with them in a way even though not in person. I will miss the basketball games after dinner, Sunday dinners, Grub Club, games, swings, long talks, the giggle fests, Golden Spoon, Luie and Tillie, the hugs...

There are many things in my life that bring me joy. My family is number one. Right beside that is my love for my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

I know, even though it is hard, that serving this mission is one of the ways I can show my love for the Lord and my fellow men. I am going to work hard (and play some too) and in 18 months we'll be asking ourselves where the time went!

John, my brother, and Peggy, my sister, are driving with me to New York. Actually, John is driving, I am navigating and googling, and Peggy, our genealogist, is finding places for us to visit along the way where our ancestors lived or are buried.

Our first stop was Mavrik as evidenced by the pictures.

Getting on our way. — with Peggy Lynette Barker and John Terry.




View of the valley from I215. Leaves in Parleys Canyon

Near Coalville


Wind farms
 Next stop was Little America for a 75 cent ice cream cone and a required "pit stop."

Treats at Little America
John is the scout and "eagle eye". He can spot antelope and other wildlife like no one else I know!! All across Wyoming it was:
"Look!! Over there!! On the top/side of the hill!! There are a bunch over there!! Oh! Look at that gaggle of geese!" I love it!
New snow fences


The white spots in the distance are antelope

John is the scout and "eagle eye".

Geneology
After just over 500 miles, we called it quits for the day in Kimball, Nebraska.

Remember-I love you much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment