Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tourist in my own town

I was lazy this morning and didn't get up until 7:00. So I grabbed 1/2 a bagel and headed to class. We had classes on missionary safety, orthopedic care of sprains, etc., mental health care and a trip to DMBA to learn about billing etc. Only computer glitch today was I couldn't remember how to eject my thumb drive. Had to ask for help. I know now. ;)

After classes I kicked off my shoes and put up my feet before walking a few blocks to get dinner. Had Massaman Curry Beef and sticky rice at Ekamai Thai and since it was next door to Bruges, I also enjoyed a torpedo as evidenced by the chocolate covered lips.



It was fun looking at my walk as though I were a tourist. I never really "look" at things in my own place like I do when traveling. That is sad. I saw this pig trio and fell in love with them.



I found the information about the Firestone building interesting. Should have taken a picture of the building. Go see it yourself. Corner of 300 West and 300 South (Broadway).



I found that people smile and say hi to me as I pass them on the street. Must be my missionary pin.

It's been a good day for learning new things and refreshing older knowledge.

Now I have homework before bed time.

My love to you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment