Wednesday, October 7, 2015

New York! Here I am!!!

October 2

New York! Here I am!!!

Driving through New York State
Unbelievable colors

Coming into the city
George Washington Bridge

Arrived about 2:00 this afternoon. Met with my mission president and his wife. Met some the the senior missionaries and was shown my home. It is next door to a chapel where the mission office is located. My car is in the church parking lot and it is secured at night.

Sister Eckert whom I will be replacing on the left.
Sister Reynolds, mission president's wife on the right
Mission map

It has been windy and raining from the hurricane off shore but I am moved in thanks to John and Peggy and most things are even put away.

My apartment is clean and the furniture is new as are the cooking and eating utensils. They have gone to a lot of effort to make my home nice. There is a washer and dryer downstairs so I don't have to go to a laundry.

Looking to the northeast from my front door
Directly across the street from my apt
My front door. The red building in the back right corner is the chapel.

Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Sister Reynolds, the presidents wife, had a beautiful bouquet of flowers in my apt. There are two sister missionaries living upstairs. One is from Mongolia and the other is from California. They "heart attacked" my door.

Bouquet to welcome me
Heart attack on my front door

Entry way
Living room
Kitchen
Bedroom

We are off to a deli to find some dinner. One of the seniors brought some soup and muffins but we'll save them for tomorrow.

It has been a great week spending time with John and Peggy. Memories created that will always be dear to me.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment