Monday, April 15, 2024

Traveling for interviews this week.

 


Nothing like starting the week right!! Lunch with Elders Israelsen and Ashby and Katie at Dairy Queen. I shared chicken and fries with Katie followed by my favorite Reese’s peanut butter cup Blizzard with extra Reese’s candy bar. Now you know my weakness! Elder Israelsen plays the harmonica and gave us an impromptu musical concert. 

Tuesday morning I was sad to say goodbye to Katie as she headed home. The past week with her was really fun. I headed off to Klamath Falls with President and Sister Cornelius to interview the missionaries in that zone. I’m sure you know by now how much I enjoy being with the missionaries. I love visiting with them and learning about their families, what they are doing in the mission, and what their plans are for the future. Always a delight.

Along the road to Klamath with snowy peaks in the distance

Sisters Tippetts, Cornelius, and Lunt

After the interviews we drove to Medford. Wednesday was interviews with the Central Point Zone.



In the afternoon, when the interviews were winding down, Sister Cornelius and I walked around the Medford Temple grounds enjoying the sunshine and the flowers.






Thursday was interviews with the Medford Zone. I have mentioned before the mistletoe in the trees. It is in abundance in the area around Medford. 




We walked outside around the stake center with Sisters Blackham and Bullock to admire the flowers and enjoys the blue skies and sunshine. 


See what happens when you give your phone to someone with a long arm to take a group selfie. LOL

Elder Toone helping to put away some of the chairs we used

Thursday evening we went to Ashland to go to dinner with the Medford Stake president and his wife. We had pizza but didn’t get pictures. Nice evening.

Friday morning we drove to Grants Pass for interviews there after which we drove back to Eugene. The drive through the mountains was beautiful. I love the many shades of spring green on the hill sides and valleys.



Saturday was a fun filled day. I went hiking with Sister and Elder Crump at Wild Iris Ridge. There are always beautiful wild flowers along the paths but the wild irises are starting to come out more now that it is warming up a bit.




Hanging moss in the trees and wasp nests/balls









Sister and Elder Barker picked me up and then picked up Sister and Elder Crump. We had tickets for My Fair Lady at the Hult Center at 2:00. The Hult Center has a huge theater. We arrived early but by show time, the seats were mostly full. Great musical!












Curtain call


We went to dinner afterward at Ubon Thai Restaurant.


I love weeks like this where I can be so directly involved in person with the missionaries. I feel of their spirits and it fills me with joy. At each interview, the missionaries are asked to memorize a scripture and recite it to Sister Cornelius and me. This round of interviews the missionaries have memorized Joseph Smith History 1:17

“I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son, Hear Him!”

Some of them deliver it with such emotion that it touches my heart and the tears flow. 

I love my Savior

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment