Monday, April 22, 2024

I think the world is glorious and lovely as can be.



Every day, rain or shine, I can’t believe how beautiful the world is around me. Greens of every color as leaves emerge. Flowers beginning to bloom. Birds singing and squirrels playing in the trees and grass. I could go on forever listing the beauties of our earth.





Looking across this field at a distance, it looked like frost on the grass but up close you see these pretty little daisy-like flowers








A squirrel raiding my neighbor’s bird feeder


This is a nutria or if you prefer, a river rat. We hadn’t seen any nutria along the river since the ice storm and we worried that they had all been frozen to death. As ugly and awful as they are, we were really glad to see them again this week.


Great blue heron





Tuesday was MLC, Mission Leadership Conference (training) beginning with lunch.


Wednesday was Springfield Zone interviews here in Eugene at the office, but on Thursday, we traveled to Roseburg for that zone’s interviews followed by a dinner for missionaries and the leadership of the stake and wards in the area to build better working relationships.

Between interviews and the dinner, I went with Sisters Cornelius and Hopkins (front seat) and Sisters Palmer and Eastman (back seat) to Costco



Friday we drove to North Bend for Coos Bay Zone interviews.

Drive to North Bend along the Umpqua River

Sand dunes along the coast just north of North Bend

Waiting for interviews

Saturday, I had a lot of computer documentation to catch up on as the traveling this week did not allow me to do it daily. I had quite a few calls and spent a lot of time on the phone. I made notes in my phone but then needed to transfer to the Church medical system, Missionary Medical. I also had a report due Saturday night. 

Saturday morning I needed a break so Sister and Elder Crump walked with me at the prairie.







In case you can’t hear it on the video, this great blue heron catches a fish


I had invited Sister and Elder Barker and Sister and Elder Crump to come to dinner at my house, but Sister and Elder Crump sensed that I was feeling overwhelmed with the work I needed to do Saturday, so instead of me fixing dinner for them, they insisted that they take me and the Barkers to dinner. I felt bad but the Crumps demanded that we needed to celebrate my “half birthday” by going to dinner. What great friends and support I have around me! (By the calendar, it wasn’t even my half birthday)

We went to Saigon Café. It was really good. I had a rice plate. It came with pork, rice and fried egg.



I was able to get my work done and my report sent in before 10:30 PM. 

This is a wonderful world full of loving people and glorious and lovely surroundings. Makes me think of my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for all I have been given. I love this Primary song. It says it all:

I think the world is glorious and lovely as can be.
The birds and bees and blossoms bring sweet messages to me.

[Chorus]

I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing
A song of joy and love.
I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing
My thanks to God above.
I think the world is glorious and lovely as can be,
For I have teachers kind and true, and parents who love me. 

[Chorus]

I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing
A song of joy and love.
I sing, and sing, and sing, and sing
My thanks to God above.

I would add a verse to the song that says the world is glorious and lovely for I have friends and family whom I love and they care for and love me.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment