Monday, December 4, 2023

Rain, rain go away. Come again another day…..



I actually enjoy the rain but it can be a little bit of a drag to walk in the rain every day. I’m am exaggerating a little too. It didn’t rain EVERY day for my walk. Monday it was cold and foggy. Sister and Elder Crump and Sister Barker had the courage to walk with me on such a cold, dampish day.





Tuesday I didn’t get to walk because we left early for Grants Pass. More later….

Wednesday it had been raining and it drizzled a little on Sister Barker and me, but it wasn’t a down and out rain. it even cleared enough to see a red sunrise on the horizon and a blue heron in the pond and as he took off in flight.




It did rain Friday and Saturday. I walked a different direction Saturday and met up with the Chrome Heron along the way.


Tuesday was MLC, Mission Leadership Conference. The sister training leaders, zone leaders, and district leaders from the entire mission attended a training session. It began with lunch which Sisters and Elders Barker and Crump and I helped to set up and also helped with food preparation. We had teriyaki chicken. I went photo crazy and tried to get a picture of every table full of missionaries. Some tables I didn’t get to before some had wandered off, but you can see we had a crowd. We fed between 75-80 people. I didn’t get an exact count. Wonderful leaders and missionaries they are. This is going to be picture overload and in no particular order.












Sisters Thompson and Bottomly

Sisters Chaddock, Duncan, Walters, Hadfield, West, Richins, Cornelius, Huffaker, Woods


Tuesday evening, Sister and Elder Barker invited me to go to dinner with them. We went to a new place I had not been before for ramen. It was very good. I’ll go back again.



Wednesday I accompanied President and Sister Cornelius to Grants Pass for interviews. Thursday we went to Coos Bay and Friday to Roseburg. I am sure you know by now how much I enjoy being with the missionaries. I learn from them and admire their ability to recite scripture and to care for and lift one another. They are the best!!

We had three days of rainy weather to drive through.


We had three days of rainy weather to drive through.

Elder Sibley Someone thought a package of gummy bears would enhance his attire!

Waiting to be interviewed by President Cornelius

The rain had cleared on Thursday for our drive home



Saturday after my walk, I went with my friend, Diana Lamboy, to a Christmas market at the fairgrounds, ran a couple of errands with her, and went to lunch at China Sun Buffet. I enjoyed it so much I forgot to get pics. You will have to use your imagination.

Sunday our ward had a potluck dinner and then we all went into the chapel to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was a wonderful evening.

All of the rain has really greened up the lawns and fields. The world is so beautiful in every season. The changes in color from spring, to summer, to fall, and to winter are remarkable. One thing never changes and that is a beautiful evergreen tree. I love being here with all of the pines and evergreens. They come in all shapes and sizes but their color is constant.



Sister Barker shared a poem with me that she wrote. I love it and asked if I might share it with you. 

“Evergreen”

When I think about an evergreen,
I think about a Christmas tree.
When I think about a Christmas tree,
I think about Christ.
When I think about Christ,
I think about his love for me.
When I think about his love for me,
I think about serving others.
When I think about serving others,
I think about my mission in Oregon.
When I think about my mission,
I am filled with love.

Christmas is Christ.
Christ is love.
Love is service.
Service is a mission.
A mission in Oregon,
Is like having Christmas all year round.
© Sister Barker 2023


I pray you will have a wonderful week ahead.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment