Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Merry Christmas!

 


This picture of me sitting on Santa’s knee from 4 years ago came up in my FB memory so I thought I would share it.

It has been a fairly quiet week here in the mission field. Transfers and arrival of new missionaries will be next week so I have gone through the health history of the incoming missionaries to make sure that I am prepared to help them get appointments with doctors to get refills for medications they are taking prior to coming to the mission, if there are health conditions such as diabetes, etc, and to know if there are any allergies, food or otherwise, of which I need to be aware. 

Sister Barker and I inspected 3 apartments this week. After the inspection, we took the sisters to lunch. I have neglected to document with pictures this week. 

Tuesday was leadership training again. It is always a delight to help with the lunches and to get to mingle with the missionaries.


Sister Sutherland and I have a tradition of getting a picture when we see each other. This time she is recovering from a cold so we get to see “the Masked Sister Sutherland”

Wednesday evening I took four Elders out to dinner at The Dough Co where we had calzones to celebrate Elder Robison finishing his mission. He will be leaving us next week and that is always a sad day to say goodbye. Again, no pics!!

I have walked every day this week. It has been foggy/misty most mornings and it rained one morning. Mist or rain - we get wet either way. Not complaining. Just saying…..

Early morning shot of the Willamette River

Friday it was Elder Crump’s birthday. We had Chinese takeout for lunch in the office and then cake made by Sister Crump – carrot cake with raisins and cream cheese frosting- Elder’s favorite! 




Saturday morning I walked with Elder and Sister Crump in the prairie/wet lands. Again it was foggy. We haven’t seen much wild life this week but I did get a video of a huge flock of noisy birds flying over the prairie.


Foggy morning walk through the prairie


Saturday my friend, Diana, and I went to lunch at China Sun Buffet. Always fun to go there. I have eaten out so many times this week. With my weekend on the coast last week and all the meals this week, I have gained 5 pounds!! Now I have to get back into a routine and get rid of the excess weight. Sure has been fun gaining it thought. LOL

Sunday after Sacrament Meeting I was invited to lunch along with the elders serving in our ward to the home of Denise and Jeff Salisbury. It was an enjoyable meal and an opportunity to get better acquainted with a wonderful couple.


When I got home to my apartment, there were 4 turkeys wandering around the yard.


In the evening, I was invited to a ham dinner with all of the trimmings at the home of Sister and Elder Crump. They invited several missionaries who hadn’t been received invitations to spend Christmas Eve with a ward or friend family. The food was delicious and the company was fun. After dinner we played a couple of games and had a lot of good laughter. 




We ended the evening by reading the nativity story from Luke 2 and singing Away In a Manger. I always love reading the scriptures and remembering the story of the Savior’s birth.

Luke 2:1-20

1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Cæsar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I love my Savior

I love you my family and friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment