Sunday, July 2, 2023

I walked on the beach this week:



I’m always amazed at the way the water makes patterns in the sand


Pretty good sized crab


As I mentioned in my blog last week, Deanne, my daughter, and her husband, Jeff, along with my two grandchildren, Rory and Cody arrived on Saturday, June 24th.  We had a good Sunday together and then they left for Yachats on the coast of Oregon on Monday.  I had some obligations on Monday and Tuesday so I didn’t join them until Tuesday evening.  We spent Tuesday through Thursday together playing on the beach and enjoying the cool, comfortable weather.  It was in the high 50’s-60’s in the day time so it was PERFECT for this polar bear!











Our rental house in the woods.



Just across the road, down these steps, and across the rocks and I was on the beach!!

Pretty flowers along the path to the beach


Grandma and Rory in the Pacific 
AND in the Atlantic when she came to visit while I was serving in NYC


We returned to Eugene on Friday afternoon.  Jeff and Deanne went on a date Friday evening and the kids and I went to the park to play.


A lot of playground equipment to play on but the most fun thing they did
 was slide down a little hill on a piece of cardboard they found


Saturday afternoon, I attended a baptism.  The elders invited me to attend.  It was a beautiful, spiritual experience.  A mother and her teenage daughter and son were baptized.  



Later Rory, Cody and I went to Alton Baker Park where we walked across the river to the statue of the heron.  





We walked around the pond and admired the ducks and geese.  Rory is begging her parents to buy her some baby ducks now.  She is in love?




Park beauties



We met Deanne and Jeff for pizza.  Didn’t get any pictures though.  

Sunday morning they left me to begin their drive home.  After they left and when I came home from church, my apartment was so empty and quiet.  I miss having family with me.   I’m grateful that they were able to come.

Back to mission business:

Monday our mission president and his wife, President and Sister Weekes, took the office senior couples and me to lunch. 
 

Sister Sutherland and our polka dot clothes.  We seem to do this frequently.  LOL


Tuesday noonish, President and Sister Weekes picked up the new mission president and his wife, President and Sister Cornelius at the airport and brought them to the office.  The Weekes then left the mission to go home.  It is always difficult to say good bye to people that you have served with even if it has only been 3 months that I have been here.  However, I am looking forward to serving with President and Sister Cornelius.  We met with them and some of the zone and district leaders and some of the sister training leaders for an hour or so and introduced ourselves.

On the left: President and Sister Cornelius and to the right: President and Sister Weekes


The missionaries have been fairly well this week.  I averaged about 2 calls per day which was good since I had intermittent phone service on the coast.  I had good reception on the beach but poor reception in our rental house.  If I walked to the end of the driveway, I got some reception;  at least enough to carry on business and care for the missionaries.  When I wasn’t on the beach, I would walk to an area where there was service every 30-45 minutes.  It worked out ok.  

I know I say it almost every week, but my family is my life.  At the baptism on Saturday, the printed program stated that “Families Can Be Together Forever”.  

As I watched that mother and her children be baptized, the Spirit testified to me that these words are true.  Because of temple blessings, ordinances and covenants, and because of our Savior and his resurrection, we can have the opportunity to live for eternity with our families.

I love the words of this Primary song:

Families Can Be Together Forever

I have a fam’ly here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.

Fam’lies can be together forever
Through Heav’nly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.

While I am in my early years,
I’ll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God’s temple for eternity.

Fam’lies can be together forever
Through Heav’nly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.


I pray that you will have a wonderful week.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment