Monday, June 26, 2023

I went to the temple




The missionaries have the blessing of going to the temple once a quarter.  This week we all went to the temple.  The missionaries in the southern part of the mission go to the Medford Temple.  In the northern zones, we go to Portland to the temple there.  The mission has a van but it won’t carry everyone so those of us that can help with transportation get to enjoy that opportunity.  Wednesday morning I drove to Corvallis to pick up the three sisters in that zone.  We then drove to the temple.  

It was a wonderful experience.  I love going to the temple anytime but it was a special blessing to be with the missionaries.  The spirit was strong.   

Before heading home, we walked around the temple and took pictures. 

Sisters Mead, Jones, and Wood

The whole Corvallis Zone


When we arrived back in Corvallis, the sisters and I went to lunch before I returned to Eugene.  We ate at a Hawaiian restaurant but I didn’t get pictures there.

Monday morning we have an office meeting with the Mission President and his wife.  This was the last Monday morning meeting for us with President and Sister Weekes.  We will be getting a new President this Tuesday, June 27.  

Elder and Sister Crump, President and Sister Weekes, Elder and Sister Klaass


Monday evening, Elder and Sister Klaass and Elder and Sister Crump came over and we played games.  Fun evening of laughter and friendship. 
 



I didn’t take a lot of pictures on my morning walks this week but here are a few.

This is a catalpa tree. When I was a little girl, we would go to Pocatello, ID to visit my grandparents.  They had a long driveway lined on one side with large catalpa trees. Seeing this tree triggered memories of playing in the yard and picking up the long bean like fruit growing on them. Of course I only played with them after they fell to the ground but they made good weapons. LOL

In this close-up you can see the fruit. Most Catalpa are deciduous trees; they typically grow to 40–60 ft tall, with branches spreading to a diameter of about 20–40 ft. Catalpa species bear broad panicles of showy flowers, generally in summer. The flower color generally is white to yellow. In late summer or autumn the fruit appear; they are siliques about 8–20 in long, full of small flat seeds, each with two thin wings to aid in wind dispersal.


This tree has more blossoms

St John’s Wort


Thursday I manned the office by myself.  The Klaass’s and Crump’s were on their temple excursion.  There are almost always missionaries in the office so I wasn’t totally alone.  

On Saturday evening, my daughter Deanne and Jeff, her husband, along with their two children, Rory and Cody, came to visit me.  It was so fun to get their hugs and to see them.   Sunday after church, the kids and I took a walk around my neighborhood.  


We saw quite a few turkeys.  It appears that Cody has a turkey on his head.

This deer is resting in the shade

Rory had to rest for a minute in a shady place.  It was on the warm side!


Then we went as a family to a park where the kids could play for a while.  We stopped at the rose garden so Rory could take pictures of all of the beautiful flowers.  







It has been a busy week.  There have been three missionaries with shoulder/leg/neck injuries or pains and some other ills that have required doctor visits so I’ve spent some time coordinating and finding doctors to help us.  The missionaries schedule their own appointments but I send them the information to make those calls.  Then there is the follow up on the doctor visits and other missionaries to make sure they are healing and getting well.  I love being busy and getting reports that health is improving.

I had a personal experience this week that made me realize even more that our Heavenly Father knows each of us and watches over us.  I pray daily that I will be guided to know how to help the missionaries with their health and to be aware of the needs of those around me.  I had received a call quite late one night and did not make a note on paper or my phone.  I thought I’ll remember to call in the morning to get the needs of the missionary met.  It was not until I was praying two days later that the name of the missionary I was to have helped came to my mind.  I had forgotten to do what I needed to do and the Spirit gently reminded me.  My prayers were answered in a way that let me know that the Lord knew that missionary needed attention and I was reminded.  

I know that the Lord loves each of us.  He wants us to progress, to be well, and to be happy.  I am so honored to be able to work with and to try to help the missionaries but I testify that it is through the guidance of the Spirit as I am reminded of the things I need to know to do my work.  I often remember something I learned years ago in training that will help me to help a missionary or teach that missionary.  I know these thoughts/memories would not come to mind without a prompting.  It’s been a LONG time since I was in nursing school.

I hope that this coming week will be good for you.  

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment