Tuesday, June 20, 2023

It’s the little things


It’s a fun thing when you get a text Sunday evening to let you know that your really close friends are coming to take you to lunch the next day!! 



 I served with Diane and Marc Williams in New York on my first mission.  We had so much fun there and so it is always a delight when I get to be with them to remember the “good ol’ days”.

It has been a steadily busy week.  Nothing overwhelming but not a lot of down time either.   Seasonal allergies seem to be under control for the most part so it is the usual upset stomachs and muscle pains/injuries.  Other stuff I can’t mention (HIPPA)

I got this cute pic from two sweet sisters.  I love the missionaries!!


On Friday, I helped Sister Klaass and Elder Crump and 6 elders clean out an apartment that is no longer going to be used.  It is good to feel needed and useful.  

Saturday I went with my friend, Diana, to the farmer’s market in downtown Eugene, to Costco to order glasses for Diana, and to lunch at Jung’s Mongolian Grill.  Good day and good food!







My morning walks always make me happy.  One morning as I came close to the end of my journey, I felt a small pebble in my shoe.  I thought I would ignore it as I didn’t feel I had the time to find a place to sit down and take off my shoe.  I tried to ignore it but it seemed to get larger and more annoying.  I finally stopped and removed the nuisance.  It was so miniscule that I had to laugh that such a tiny thing could be so annoying. 



As I continued to walk, I began to think of that tiny pebble and how sometimes I let little things bother me, yet I don’t take the time to fix them.  For example, I often can’t find something that I know I have “put away” for safe keeping. I realize that if I would take some time and organize a better filing system for important documents, etc, it would save me time and stress/anxiety in the future.  Just as the little pebble annoyed me for 30 minutes, it really only took a couple of minutes to remove it and then I could happily go on my way.  Does that make sense?  

All too often I get caught up in the moment not thinking of the future.  Keeping the goal or the big picture in mind would help me to be more prepared and ready for whatever comes my way.  The “little things” can pile up until they get in the way of progress.  Now I’m rambling.  Oh well.

Here are some pics from my morning meanderings.










I hadn’t seen the turkeys around my apartment for a month or so but these
two showed up Saturday evening.  Good to see them again.


I pray that you will have a happy and healthy week ahead.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

Here’s a giggle for you






 


No comments:

Post a Comment