Monday, June 12, 2023

Family is everything!




A few things have happened this week that have made me realize even more than ever how much I love and value my family.   Whenever I see my family interact and support one another and when I feel and know how much they love and support me, I realize how my Heavenly Father has blessed me with wonderful spirits to make my life better.

Reminds me of a quote I once read by Michael J. Fox:  “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” 

Elder M. Russell Ballard said:  “Indeed, nothing is more critically connected to happiness—both our own and that of our children—than how well we love and support one another within the family.”

I am far from perfect and my family members are not perfect either but I value the way they work perfectly together to make our family better in every way.

I could go on endlessly except I lack the words to appropriately express my love and gratitude to and for my family.  When my husband was most ill, and for several months before he died, my family took care of both of us.  

For example, I have seven children and as there are seven days in the week, they each chose a day and came to our home and prepared or brought food not just for me and my husband but for all of the family.   As many as could join us came for dinner every night so we could be together during this difficult time.

Today, if anyone in the family is struggling, needs help with a project, wants to get together for a meal or a party or just to talk, everyone rallies.  I could fill volumes telling stories of giving and sharing.

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

There have been additions to the family since this picture from 2019 but this is the most complete I have at this time


I want to share a poem I like:

There’s a special kind of closeness
that only families know,
That begins with childhood trust
and deepens as you grow.

There’s a special kind of happiness
in sharing little things,
The laughter, smiles, and quiet talks
that daily living brings.

There’s a special kind of comfort
in knowing your family’s there,
To back you up, to cheer you up
to understand and care.

Of all the treasures life may bring,
your family means the most,
And whether near or far apart,
That love will hold you close.

—Glenda Campbell

It has been another busy week.  Seasonal allergies still run rampant.   A couple of people have had a run-in with poison ivy/oak.  A fall down a hill resulting in a painful knee cap. And more….. It goes on.  Interacting with the missionaries via texting, calls, or in person is a blessing to me.

My morning walks continue to start my days in the best way possible.






I walked south along the river Wednesday morning and found this interesting piece of art work



Wednesday I discovered these two bucks just outside my bedroom window.  Had to get pic through the screen.  

One is standing and the other is lying down


Friday evening I went to dinner with Sister Klaass.  Her husband had to fly home to take care of some family business.  After dinner we played some games.  Fun evening. 

Saturday morning I walked with Sister and Elder Crump.











Turkey family


Saturday afternoon Diana picked me up and we went for ice cream at Salt and Straw and then for tacos.  It is always best to have dessert first.

Peanut butter- toffee brittle and chocolate chunk on top.  Strawberry- honey- balsamic and black pepper on the bottom in a waffle cone.





My neighbor has a feeder just outside by her deck.  I can watch the birds feed from my window and deck door.   My brother, John, tells me that the yellow finch is an American gold finch

I saw these alstroemeria at the store and it reminded me of the flowers I used to get and enjoy when I was in New Zealand.  Had to have a bouquet for my table.  Way to spoil myself!!!



I pray that you are well and happy.  

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment