Thursday, September 17, 2015

News from the MTC



I'm off!


It's Official


Report for the day (Tuesday, Sept 15):

Doing great. I started at 6:15 this morning so I could shower and wash my hair before breakfast at 7:00. Have classes in the day with breaks. Had a devotional tonight and then a friend I made here took me for ice cream. I just got back. She and I "sneaked" out. It was kinda fun. We giggled and had a good time. She is a very nice person. We are the same age. She is single and going to Chicago. Anyway I'm doing well. Love you much!


Lunch

My MTC room
The view from my room. Love the storm!!

Report for the day (Wednesday, September 16): 

I'm going to get used to getting up at 6:15 - someday!  Breakfast at 7:00 is not something I'm accustomed to doing.
 

We had classes and then mid-morning we, my assigned companion here (note: I won't have a companion in New York) and I, gave a practice first discussion to an "investigator," an elderly woman. As soon as we knocked on her door and entered, she began asking us why we had rewritten the Bible.  She didn't have a Bible nor had she ever read any of it but she believed in the 10 commandments and had seen the movie. She just was so upset though that we had changed the Bible. It was an interesting experience. After visiting with her for 30 or so minutes and explaining about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, etc., she accepted the invitation to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it. We taught her the basics of prayer. It was a spiritual experience even though the investigator was more or less acting.
 

After our classes we had dinner and then Sister Pett and I went to the Bean Museum on BYU campus which is a natural science museum with all kinds of animals and exhibits. One area of the museum is a collection of art by Boyd K. Packer. He was a talented artist. His paintings and wildlife carvings which are painted, mostly birds, are exquisite.

After that we were dangerously close to the Creamery so we had to have ice cream.  . Imagine that!
 

I have some reading/studying to do for tomorrow and then I'll hit the hay.
 

Love you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. I am already loving your blog and we are praying daily for "the other grandma." Missions are so wonderful. Yesterday Callie said, "When I go on my mission..." I love that it wasn't IF but WHEN! Thank you for your great example and may the Lord bless you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I look forward to following you for the next 18 months!

    ReplyDelete