Monday, March 11, 2024

Time REALLY flies when you’re busy!


This week has been amazingly busy. I have helped with lunch at MLC, traveled to interviews and devotionals, and helped with colds, stomach viruses, and the ups and downs of missionary life.


Can I just tell you how much I love walking in our beautiful world and fresh air!!! I appreciate that the hotels where I stay when traveling have workout rooms. But with that appreciation I still very much dislike walking on a treadmill. I force myself to go 2 miles but then I have to go outside to cool off and get a breath of air even if it means walking a mile around the hotel parking lot.

Monday I walked at the river. 


Sister Barker and I walked past the rose garden. The roses aren’t blooming yet but the rhododendrons along the fence are in full bloom. Love it!




Tuesday I went to the ER with a missionary having abdominal pain. (No major issue thank goodness). Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I “enjoyed” NOT the treadmill. 


Nice work out room but isn’t this blooming tree in the parking lot much better to look at. LOL

I was happy on Saturday to once again be on the river side.

Sister and Elder Crump walked with me on Saturday.
 

We walked around the pond at Alton Baker Park


I’ll share my week through pictures.

I enjoyed the clouds along the highway from Eugene to Medford



Tuesday before leaving for Medford, we served lunch to 75 missionaries who came from all around the mission to Eugene for leadership training. Sisters Barker and Crump preparing the serving tables.

Tuesday we attended the Restoration Devotional in Grant’s Pass on our way to Medford. After the devotional, refreshments were served in the cultural hall

Having some training while waiting for interviews


Sister Cornelius always takes snacks along to the interviews. A couple of OCD missionaries decided the snacks needed organization. Love it!!

SIDE NOTE: I received a phone call from a missionary asking me how much Pepto Bismol would he have to take before it became an over dose. I asked him why he was taking Pepto Bismol and he sent me this picture. 

Gotta love ‘em 

Waiting for the devotional to start in Central Point



Going over the pass from Medford to Klamath Falls. Snow all around but roads clear and dry


I didn’t get pictures on Friday. We were trying to keep the interviews moving along quickly as there were 26 missionaries to interview. President only had a few hours to get them all done before the devotional started. 

We had planned to stay in Klamath Falls Friday night but decided to go back to Eugene. It was a lot of travel in 4 days but worth every minute to get to see and talk with the missionaries. I love my mission. My brother, John, told me that I had found my fountain of youth. He is right. These wonderful young people keep me on my toes and keep me feeling young right along with them. 

I have had the opportunity to talk with a few missionaries this week who have been a little down and hard on themselves. I shared the following poem with one of them and thought I would share with you as well. 

Thinking

By Walter D Wintle

If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you don't,
If you like to win, but you think you can't
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

Our Savior and Heavenly Father are always with us. They know us and love us and will help us with whatever we need. With that being said we must do our part. We will be lifted and guided along the way when we ask but ultimately, it begins with a desire to improve and a willingness to do the Lord’s will. We can do it!

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment