Monday, March 18, 2024

Going to the temple is a true blessing



Here in the mission, every missionary has the blessing of attending the temple quarterly. In the southern part of the mission, the missionaries attend the Medford Temple. Here in the northern part, we attend the Portland Temple. Wednesday, I had the privilege of helping the missionaries in the Santa Clara Zone get to the temple by driving with 3 sisters to the temple. Three senior couples and I drove the hour and a half and what a pleasure it was for me to spend that time with the missionaries.

We left at 8:00 in the morning and returned around 3:30. Here are some pictures to enjoy.

Sisters Lunt, Hansen, Chatwin, Cummings, Crump





Sister Cummings

Sister Bullock

Sister Chatwin


Flowers and a fallen tree on the temple grounds





Monday and Tuesday it was raining but the rest of the week has been sunny and bright. Our morning walks have been delightful.







Saturday morning I walked/hiked with Sister and Elder Crump along the Wild Iris Ridge Trail. We were surprised to already find a few wild irises!








Tuesday, Sister Barker and I inspected an apartment. We usually take the sisters to lunch after the inspection but they had lessons and visits planned so we saved their meal for Thursday evening at a Thai restaurant. As we left their apartment, they presented us with a little treat which we shared with Elder Barker when we got back to the office. 



Wednesday was temple day, as you already know, but Wednesday evening, I enjoyed dinner with Sisters Cummings and Lunt at Red Robin.

Sisters Cummings and Lunt 

We always must get a “silly” picture!!

Thursday evening dinner with the sisters.


Sisters Campbell and Zollinger, Elder and Sister Barker with a “silly” picture too

The days are busy answering calls and texts and helping missionaries with their health. I have a report due every Saturday which I send to the area doctor listing all of the health issues I’ve encountered during the week and follow up notes on missionaries recovering from various problems. (I think I’ve mentioned this before.) So I spend a lot of time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday reaching out to check on progress of health and recovery so I can send in my report on time. Preparing this report really helps me to be better organized and to keep in touch with the missionaries.

Saturday, was a busy day. After my hike on Wild Iris Ridge, I attended two baptisms.


I worked on my income tax. Not done but getting there. 


I need to put some energy into this project but it is not a project I enjoy doing so it gets pushed to the back of my priorities. However….. The deadline approaches so I think this coming week, I will have to make it more of a priority!


Tom interrupted my tax preparations with his gobbling but he wouldn’t perform for me once I stepped out onto my deck.


At my dinner on Wednesday evening with Sisters Cummings and Lunt, they gave me a spiritual thought regarding our Savior and His Atonement and resurrection. They invited me as I prepared to celebrate Easter, to remember and to think about the true reason we celebrate the day. 

I went to the Church website and found a study plan to help prepare for Easter. One of the lessons, The Resurrection of Jesus Christ, helped me to think more about the blessings of the resurrection. There are two videos in the lesson that I liked. I particularly liked the one titled: “Because of Him: An Easter Message”

I would invite you to read through this short lesson and to watch the video.

I know, because the Spirit has confirmed to me, that Jesus Christ lives. Because of Him, I will live again. Everyone will live again. I know that if we follow Jesus Christ, we can find true happiness on earth and look forward to eternal joy in the life to come. I will be with my husband, children and grandchildren – all of my family – for eternity.



I love my Savior

I love you my family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment