Monday, August 14, 2023

I got to go home and hold my new grandson James K Petersen!


I received permission to go home to see and hold my new grandson James K Petersen.

Thursday afternoon I flew to Salt Lake City with a short layover in San Francisco.  


After a good night’s sleep, I went on Wednesday to see my newest family member and to cuddle with him.  I have had the blessing of being with him every day.

I also got to be with Ellie, the BIG sister.
We played together so Mom and Dad could get a little break.

I have managed to see each of my children and their family one on one for a meal and then on Sunday, we all were together except for one of my grandsons who is living for a time in New Zealand.

Sunday we celebrated the 7 August birthdays:
James (held by Aunt Shea), David, Reed, Cade, Ashley,  Rory and Christian.

We had pizza, salad, watermelon, ice cream and doughnuts.
Didn’t get pictures of us all 32 of us sitting down to the tables but after eating we stood/sat around and chatted.




While some were in the house visiting, some were outside riding the pony.




I got my hugs from big Blue

I woke early every morning to walk this week.  Monday along the river, Tuesday at the Amazon Creek Wetlands, and Thursday mornings at the river again.  








Friday and Saturday I walked the Porter Rockwell Trail in Draper Utah close to my home.  

My granddaughter, Cicilee, and her dog, Dolly, walked with me 

The clouds Friday morning were beautiful

Sunflowers and dinosaurs along the trail


An unused railroad track runs along the trail.
Someone has started a rock snake along the rail



That snake is pretty long





Saturday morning it was misty but a colorful sunrise

Draper Temple seen from the trail


Before the day ended Sunday, we got a picture of Grandma and all of her grandchildren.  Cicilee is holding a picture of her brother (the one in New Zealand) on her phone. It has been a gift from Heaven to be able to be with my family for a few days.



Now back to the mission news:

Tuesday, I attended interviews with President and Sister Cornelius.  I enjoy this opportunity to have some close time with the missionaries.

Sister Tripp and I color coordinated on this day. LOL

Sisters Duncan and Tripp and Sister Cornelius

Elders Cummins, Bell, Wells and Sister Cornelius

Sisters Cannon and Linares

One of my favorite dinners – a salad

Wednesday was Mission Leadership Training.  I helped with the lunch and attended the first part of the training.  



Sister Lerch

Sister Wood

I went back to the office though to try to catch up on some calls and follow up with missionaries so that I would be prepared to leave for Utah on Thursday.  Because the majority of my health advisor work with the missionaries is conducted on the phone, I can do my work from wherever I am located.  

This has been a glorious week and I have truly enjoyed every moment of it.  I have come to know that I  can be happy and feel helpful wherever I am.  It has been a blessing to be with my family and it is a blessing to be with the missionaries.  I am sure you know by now but my cup runneth over with gifts and bounteous blessings.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment