Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I got a new grandson this week!



Friday afternoon, James K Petersen entered the world weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz.  Thank you Jenna and Jim for bringing a new life to our family.  



Ellie, his 3 year old big sister, is in “heaven” with her new brother in her arms.




My family means the world to me and blesses my life every day in so many ways!   I love each of them and applaud them for the supportive, loving people that they are to me and to each other.   I wish I had a more recent picture but here is one of my family taken in 2019.  Since then there have been 3 additions with another coming to Brianna and David in November.


This has been another busy week in the mission.  I went with President and Sister Cornelius to interviews again this week.  Tuesday we were here in Eugene.  Wednesday we went to Grants Pass (about 2 ½ hours each way) and Thursday to Corvallis (only an hour each way).  Again a great and blessed opportunity to mingle with and to get to know individual missionaries better.  

Eugene interviews    The weekly pic with Sister Sutherland and our color coordinated clothes.

Sister Cornelius

Sisters Crouch, Cornelius, and Sutherland

Back at the office after interviews


Grants Pass waiting for interviews with the President

Sisters Blackham, Huffaker, and Cornelius

Sisters Schultz and Thompson

Corvallis Interviews   Sisters Richins, Lerch, and Wood

Friday I got a haircut, not that I needed it!  I was beginning to feel like I had a straw pile on my head.  Easy way to lose 5 pounds.  LOL


My new “do”

Sisters Klaass and Crump and I received permission to leave the office to the elders for a couple of hours and went to Junction City about 20-30 minutes to the north to attend a Scandinavian Festival.  We got our dates wrong and arrived a week early but we had a good lunch and enjoyed the drive and company.  It was a nice break from routine.

Sisters Klaass and Crump






Saturday afternoon, I went with my friend, Diana, to a BBQ and “pickin” in Crow, a small farming community 20 minutes from Eugene.  It was fun.  Too much food but I brought home the leftovers.  



The “pickin” (music) was entertaining.




The elderly gentleman soloist is 89 years old and proud of it  


When we first arrived there were probably 10-12 vintage cars but we chose to eat first and watch the entertainment so by the time we left, there were only a few cars left.  Wish I had taken pics when I first arrived.  There were some pretty “cute” vehicles in reds and yellows.





The drive through the country side was beautiful. 
 




I have had a hymn running through my mind this week as I have travelled and walked and enjoyed the sun rises and beauty surrounding me.  

1. For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,

2. For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow’r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light,

3. For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild,

[Chorus]

Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.





The water level has dropped in the river.  The ponds are shallow as seen in a previous picture and the rocks in the river are showing up and making little rapids

Friday morning I walked in the wetlands at Amazon Creek



A heron on the light pole and later in the creek


I’m seeing the wild turkeys more again lately in front of my apartment


Every time I walk by the floral aisle in the store, the flowers speak to me.
I had to give this bouquet a place in my home.

I thank my Father in Heaven for the many gifts and blessings I have been given:  my Savior, a living prophet, the restored Gospel, temples and ordinances and the opportunity for eternal families, my family, my friends,  this world, the blessing of service, the missionaries, and the list is endless.  Everything I have is a gift from my loving Father in Heaven.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment