Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Charity for all


This week we had zone conferences in Medford on Tuesday and in Eugene on Wednesday.  It was wonderful to get to meet missionaries that I have not had the chance to meet before.  My niece lives in Medford and she made a trip to the Stake Center so I could get a hug and a little visit with her.  Great fun!! 

Kay Coombs Bragg, my niece.  That is the Medford Temple in the background.
The stake center and temple are adjacent.

I helped Elder and Sister Klaass with the car inspections by handing out the inspection sheets and gathering them back.  Every car has to be inspected at each conference, so every 6 weeks roughly.






President and Sister Weekes gave instruction and encouragement.   Among other things, they both talked about charity.  When one says charity, our thoughts usually go straight to the most common definition:  generosity and helpfulness especially toward the needy or suffering or public provision for the relief of the needy.   However, the kind of charity discussed in zone conference as defined in the dictionary is:  benevolent goodwill toward or love of humanity.   

We are taught that Charity is the pure love of Christ, and the Savior is our ultimate example of how to love others. The crowning expression of charity was His infinite Atonement. In relationships with family members and others, we can strive to love as He loves, with unfailing compassion, patience, and mercy.

This is one of the qualities of my Savior that I truly want to develop more fully. 

Medford conference

Eugene conference

Monday morning the sun was shining through the trees for a cheery morning walk. 



It was a good day at the office too.

Sisters Thompson and Cummings brought me a mother’s day
bag of cookies they had made along with a card.  Sweet!

Sisters Jeffords, Hadfield, and Stohl with whom
I have managed to color coordinate on this day.  Love it!!!

That evening I went to a movie with Diana.  As we exited the theater, the sun was setting, and the clouds looked dark yet beautiful.



The grasses along the river bank are tall in many places.  There is such a variety.





Pretty flowers mixed into this tall grass

I have been watching one flock of geese with their little ones.  I noticed a few weeks ago a yellow gosling in with the others.  Every day I’ve watched the babies grow.  I can’t help but think of the fairy tale, The Ugly Duckling, every time I see this bunch.  Except in this case it must be The Ugly Gosling.  It is not yellow anymore but white now.



I got a few giggles from the squirrels along the path.  For a short distance along the river path, it takes me through a neighborhood because the houses are too close to the river for the path.  It is here that I enjoyed the squirrels.

This squirrel was sitting in the road but he started to run before I could get my phone out of my bag.  As he ran away, two birds swooped down and chased him.  I tried to get a video but they were darting in and out around bushes and under cars.  



This guy must have had too much caffeine for his breakfast.  This one really made me laugh.




Friday evening I went to dinner with Sisters Crouch and Campbell.  It was fun to get better acquainted with them.


I had a delicious berry salad


Saturday morning I walked a different direction along the river.  I found a rose garden beginning to show off its beauty.

Some of these roses were so vivid they don’t look real.  No filters!













I several community gardens along the way as well.



The homes around my apartment had a neighborhood garage sale.  I had a good time walking through the area with Sister Klaass and my friend, Diana.  I bought some puzzles and a game that I can play with my grandchildren when they come to visit.



I like this manhole cover

This is a beautiful tree I saw blooming in front of one of the homes.
My plant identification app says it is a Lanurnum alpurnum tree


It was our stake conference this weekend.  Sister Klaass invited me to lunch and then they joined me for dinner.  It is nice to get together for meals occasionally.

It has, as always, been a good week.  I have been able to help several missionaries with health issues and I have felt the Spirit strongly in my work and conferences.

I pray that you will be well and happy this coming week.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment