Monday, September 21, 2020

Had a special Sunday treat!

Brother Steve and Sister LuAnn Peterson, Elder Craig and Sister Jackie Poll,
(I was holding Lian’s granddaughter)  Lian and Jonathan Warwick

Sunday evening I was invited to dinner with two other senior couples from the Pacific Area Office.  It was special to me because it was at the home of some of my “New Zealand family.”   Tracy, my Kiwi daughter-in-law who is married to my eldest son Rex, is my connection.  Tracy is a sister of Paula Ardern who is married to Elder Ian Ardern of the Seventies who is the Pacific Area President.   I was invited to dinner at their daughter’s home, Lian and Jonathan Warwick.  Jonathan works at the Pacific Area Office with the two senior couples also invited to dinner.  Now that was a convoluted description wasn’t it!!




Lian is a gourmet cook!  The dinner was spectacular and it was fun to renew acquaintances.  It was a most delightful evening with great food, a lot of laughter, and good friends.

I’ve been to the dentist twice this week with missionaries.  The dentists that we work with here do not take our insurance so I go to pay for the treatments and then I get reimbursed.  


On Wednesday I had 3 appointments with doctors/dentist, so I spent the whole day going from one appointment to another.  I did manage to track down some sisters for lunch.  They lived close to one of the appointments I attended.

Sisters Narokea, Nathan, Sione

My daughter Katie posted some pictures of the colorful leaves in the mountains near my home.  Made me miss those mountains and hikes through the leaves.





However, I am enjoying the spring flowers here.  My walk to and from the beach and to the mission office allows me blossoms galore in many hues.










I don’t think that I would like to wade through this kind of grass


Wisteria on a wall viewed on Tuesday


Same vine on Monday.  Look at how many more blossoms have appeared

We have had high tide this week but the beach is always inviting.


The water caught me when I couldn’t get out of the way fast enough so I decided
that since my shoes and pants were already wet, I might as well enjoy myself!!






Friends

This week my Book of Mormon studies have focused on 3 Nephi with the Savior’s birth, death, resurrection, and visit to the people in the Americas.   My faith in and love for my Savior grows each time I study the scriptures and read about him.  I was touched this week by the thought that when He visited the people in Bountiful, he invited each of the 2500 people to come one by one and feel the wound in His side and the nail wounds in His hands and feet.  

He looked each one of them in the eye and had personal contact with them.  I can’t look Him in the eye but I know without a doubt that He lives.  He cares for and loves each of us just as he cared for the people in Bountiful when He came after His resurrection.

I want to do everything in my power to grow closer to Him by studying the scriptures, being obedient to the commandments and following the prophet who speaks for Him on earth today. 

My cousin, Steve Bailey, wrote a poem that he sent to me this week.  He gave me permission to share it.


“Come Follow Me”
For I am the way the truth and the light
that brings forth knowledge of all things.

Come Walk With Me
And I will guide you on the path
that is straight and true.

Come Sit Beside Me
And I will teach you of the small things 
which are great in the eyes of God
and explain His Great Plan of Happiness.

Take My Hand
That I might bare you up and give 
you strength to overcome your weakness 
and the challenging trials of life.

Choose To Be Humble
Pray and nourish the mind that your 
testimony will grow and strengthen.

Sing The Songs Of Joy
For they will bring you comfort, 
solace and forgiveness to your heart.

Let Your Light So Shine 
And I will flood you with light 
to bring you from the darkness that
you might see the heavens open.

Share Unto Others
That they too may be lifted up
with the knowledge of light and truth.

Come Lean Upon My Rock
That you may stay strong as the world 
storms around you.

Steve Bailey
(C) 2020

How blessed I am to be alive when the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth!  

I love my Savior.  I love you my family and friends.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! So happy you had such a good time. Stay well and keep up the good work.
    Love to you and your family,
    t

    ReplyDelete