Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Accepting the Lord's will in our lives

Another great week but not much out of the routine; calls and helping missionaries.  Monday I had a few visitors and then I helped Laura, the new convert from Colombia with her English.  We read Book of Mormon stories in English and I was able to help her with pronunciation and meaning of words.  It was really fun!  I think she will come every week for lessons.  The Sisters are also helping her.  She has to take an English speaking/writing test in January in order to get into school here.  She is a delightful young woman.


Sisters Hall, Figaro and Cate

Laura

Friday morning I had a zone conference to attend.  The senior missionaries go to help prepare and serve lunch.  It is a fun time to be with the senior missionaries.  We all work well together and do a lot of laughing.  


Sister and Elder Lilly preparing to help with lunch at zone conference



Mikala Anderson, a former missionary who went home 3 months ago, returned to the mission for a visit.  She had asked me to go to lunch and to spend some time with her so she met me at the zone conference and from there we went to walk the Brooklyn Bridge with dinner at Grimaldi's Pizza.  You know you've been to a place too often when the owner remembers you and calls you by name!! (The name part is not remarkable though because I wear a name tag.)


Sister Anderson. We're on the subway.


Sunset and the Statue of Liberty

Then we walked through Times Square.  It was Veteran's Day.  Many men and women in uniform were there.  I asked a few Navy persons for a picture with them in honor of my father who was in the Navy in WWII and also in honor of my oldest granddaughter, Cicilee, who has joined the Navy and will be leaving for boot camp after Christmas.  She will ship out the 27th of February.




Saturday morning I played the piano for a baptism of one of the boys in our Primary.




That afternoon I was able to get my car back.  It was a welcome sight.  I went grocery shopping and then Mikala came back and we went for more pizza in Manhattan.  Can't get too much pizza!!  Cheese cake for dessert.


Yahoo!!  New (at least the rear) car!

Grand Central Terminal


Chrysler Building

Subway therapy-  walking through the tunnels under Grand Central on Saturday night it was crowded.
I found this "therapy wall" interesting.



Sunday morning was our last practice for the Sacrament Meeting Primary program.  Then I had missionaries and other guests for dinner.  Three of them, a former missionary returning for a visit, Sister Lemmon, and her sister and a friend came but they were delayed by subway slow-downs so they didn't get in the picture.




I have been helping some missionaries with some trials of health and depression/stress/anxiety.  I always appreciate the guidance of the Spirit.  I may have shared this talk (Accepting the Lord's Will and Timing) before, I can't remember, but I like the way Elder Bednar gives guidance in accepting the Lord's will in our lives.  If I have attached it before, you'll have to forgive the old brain and gray hair!!

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment