Monday, February 19, 2024

It is such a pleasure to work with the missionaries.




We’ve had a mixture of rain and sunshine this week but it is always “sunny” when I’m with the missionaries. They bring with them an enthusiastic spirit and a joy for life.

 Wednesday was Valentine’s Day and I gave and received a lot of hugs and love. 


It was the mission leadership training also on Wednesday. We fed 80ish people for lunch before the training began. Elder and Sister Crump made BBQ pulled pork for sandwiches. We had two salads to choose from: macaroni and potato and on the side carrots and bowls of fruit (grapes and strawberries) assembled by Sister Barker. I made brownies for dessert. I didn’t get pictures of the tables and missionaries eating but I did get a picture of Elder and Sister Barker and Elder and Sister Crump working in the kitchen.


Thursday we had Santa Clara Zone missionary interviews in the office.


Waiting to be interviewed by President Cornelius

Friday we went to Corvallis for that zone’s interviews. I didn’t get any pictures. The day was full and long. 

After the interviews in each zone we have a restoration devotional. There are musical numbers and presentations by President Cornelius and some of the missionaries along with the testimony of a recent convert. Each devotional is a spiritual experience testifying that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored church that the Savior created during his ministry. The Church was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.


Saturday morning I helped clean the chapel and then I went grocery shopping and to lunch with my friend Diana Lamboy. 

I walked by the river on Monday and Tuesday but the other days I walked in my neighborhood. It is hilly so I got a good cardio workout!



3 weeks ago, I posted this picture of a bench and a tree to the side that were inundated by a swollen river.

Tuesday a picture of the same bench and tree now again on the bank with dry “feet” as the water has dropped a lot.

Not much news to share this week. It has been busy but mostly routine. Had a few cases of stomach virus, colds/flu, and monitoring of injuries from past weeks. Doctor appointment to help set up and a report to prepare for the week. 

As I said in the beginning, no matter the weather or the work, it always makes me happy to be serving here in the mission. One of my favorite hymns sums it up pretty well.

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

[Chorus]

Oh, there’s sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King,
And Jesus listening can hear
The songs I cannot sing.

[Chorus]

There is springtime in my soul today,
For when the Lord is near,
The dove of peace sings in my heart,
The flow’rs of grace appear.

[Chorus]

There is gladness in my soul today,
And hope and praise and love,
For blessings which he gives me now,
For joys “laid up” above.

[Chorus]

Oh, there’s sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

I pray that you will have a glorious week full of love and sunshine.

I love my Savior.

I love you my family and friends.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment