Tuesday, September 10, 2019

One would think I’m a foodie!

One of my favorite meals when eating in is a salad.
It is so colorful and full of nutrition and tasty too!


I was hoping to be able to report that I had accomplished my goal of last week which was to have all missionaries lacking their MMR be vaccinated. Unfortunately, a couple of the clinics where I had arranged to send missionaries ran out of vaccine so tomorrow I hope to get back on track and complete the goal.

I spent an evening in the ER this week with a missionary who had a bike accident. Fortunately no broken bones but stiff and sore.

I was blessed to enjoy lunch on two days with sisters.  One of the highlights of my week!

Chicken teriyaki

Sisters Santoso and Manarin

Sisters Teweti and Wong

New York style pizza at Sal’s   Buffalo chicken pizza and garlic knots


I accompanied missionaries who don’t have cars to appointments to get MMR vaccinations on two days and I am preparing a presentation for upcoming zone conferences so I have managed to stay busy.

Sunday evening I invited Sister Bunker, who teaches English as a second language, and Lillian who is one of her students to come to my home for dinner.  Lillian and her son, Kevin, brought me brownies and chocolate. I had mentioned to Lillian in the hall one evening after English class that I am a “chocoholic” and she didn’t forget!  (I had to explain what a chocoholic is and she thought that was humorous.)  It was a pleasant evening.

Sister Bunker, Lillian and Kevin

Kevin with the gifts I was given


Monday evening was senior couples Family Home Evening. It was my turn to organize so I opted to eat out at a restaurant. We ate at Bushman’s Grill. I had ribs and salad. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the sauce was.






It has been a routine week without much opportunity to be out and taking pictures but my love for you my family and friends continues to grow.

I am grateful for this beautiful world in which I live.

What a beautiful gift


I am grateful to be able to serve the Lord on this mission.  I am learning daily and my faith grows stronger in my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  The Book of Mormon testifies of Him and contains the information I need to know in order to follow the path back to my Heavenly Home.

I love my Savior and I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment