Sunday, June 30, 2024

My family is my world!

 


For the last 15-ish years, my family has gathered every June (that I haven’t been away on a mission) on the Oregon coast for a family get together. Many years it has included all 7 of my children and their families. This year I have been blessed, with permission from my mission president, (I can do my mission work from anywhere with modern technology) to spend 5 days on the coast in Bandon with my family. Unfortunately, 3 of my children and their families could not come due to work, school, and other obligations but the other 4 came to join me for our reunion.

I rented two adjoining (like a duplex) 3 bedroom, 3 bath vacation homes across the street from the beach. Every day was beach day! We walked and talked. We made sand castles and hunted for agates and unusual rocks. We went crabbing. Jim went fishing one day while we built sand castles at the beach. We ate a lot of good food and laughed and loved and enjoyed each other.

The picture story I’ll share is in no particular order. Just know that EVERY day was a special day for us just because we were together.

Ashley

Cody and Ellie

David

Deanne and Jeff

 
Jim and baby James

Rory

Sophie
 
Katie

Dinner at Pastries and Pizza


Cousins

Bucket fun with the water hose

Sea stars at low tide

Fun things to find on the rocks at low tide

OK!  I'm dumb!!  Everyone could see the face in Face Rock but me. So Katie told me to hold my head in a certain pose while she took my picture. OH. Now I see the face in the Face Rock. DUH! We do have very similar profiles Miss Face Rock and me

Circles in the Sand


Learn more about Circles in the Sand.


The humidity and wind gave me a distinct hair do. Deanne and Kristin liked to put braids and pony tails in my longer than usual hair.

Crabs have to be within a certain size to keep them. Here you see Ashley and David assisting Jim in sizing the crabs


Squid is used for the crabbing bait
 
Kids pulling in a basket of crabs
 
Sophie feeding "LuSEAL"   

Crab dinner
 
 
One morning we went to Agate Beach in search of agates and unusual rocks.  It was misty/rainy and windy so a bit on the chilly side.  I got to cuddle with Ellie to keep us both warm.
 
Everyone collected buckets of rocks at almost every beach.  We had a best of show rock collection contest.   Here we see the folks gatherer around assessing the rock collections.

People were asked to select a few of their best and most favorite rocks.  Which collection would you choose?
 
We ate our lunch one day at a picnic site.  The kids had fun playing on the lawn.
 
Ellie picked flowers for Grandma

Baby James had to show off his sun glasses

Jeff got flowers in his beard

Going to the beach was the highlight of our days. We all feel like Rory and want to dance on the beach

Building sand castles

Construction completed. Tide rolling in quickly..... The castles were washed away within 30 minutes but it was fun nonetheless

Rory and the puffin

Bandon Beach at sunset

Coquille Beach at sunset



Coquille River Lighthouse

 



Katie and Jeremy at Coquille Beach

I love this picture Katie took at Coquille Beach
While it was only a short 130 steps down the bluff to the beach, it was a LONG 130 steps back up!
 
Our beach duplex house rental






I can't remember what we were laughing at but we had a good time!!

Ugly feet made uglier by a sunburn (My poor toes!) Note to self: When applying sunscreen, don't forget your feet  


This has been a most unforgettable 5 days filled with opportunities to make memories to last a life time. My Heavenly Father has blessed me with a wonderful family who are my best friends in the world. Next year I hope that all of my family members will be able to join us.  

I love my Savior

I love you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment